25 Jul 12
As Pinterest grows, and more and more people are pinning and repinning inspirational quotes and pretty photos, it’s becoming increasingly important for bloggers to not only have good images in their posts, but images that remind the pinner why they pinned that image in the first place.
Having your post title on your images does a few things:
- Decreases the chances someone will steal your image to use on their own site.
- Reminds a pinner why they pinned the image.
- Increases the probability of the image being re-pinned by another Pinterest user
- Encourages people to click through to your post from Pinterest
How to Title Your Image for Pinterest
- Use Your Post Title on the Image (see video below for how-to).
- Put the description you’d like Pinned with your image in the Description section of the image uploader when you add the image to your post. This will auto-fill the description for the person pinning your image.
How to Use PicMonkey.com to Add Text to an Image for Your Blog Post
PicMonkey is a free online image editing software. It can do so much and you’ll soon be addicted to playing with your photos. But, for this tutorial, I just want to show you how to add some simple text to an image, and use a transparent overlay to make the text pop!