10 Mobile Blogging Apps for the iPhone
Whether you’re a full or part-time blogger, it makes sense to load up your smartphone with your favorite mobile blogging app; this way, you get to blog no matter where you are. The thing with writing is that it’s instinctive, and bloggers know that they do their best when they’re able to pen their thoughts immediately instead of having to wait till they can get their hands on a computer. So if you have an iPhone and love to blog, here are a few apps that you can try out to see which one works best:
- Typepad: It’s one of the most popular blogging platforms on the web, so it’s no wonder that Typepad is popular with iPhone users too. Take a chance with the free trial version, and start paying if you like what you see. It’s free to use for existing Typepad account holders, and allows you to update your blog with both text and photos.
- WordPress: WordPress on your iPhone allows you to upload text but not photos. However, you can save drafts on your phone and upload them at your convenience.
- Google Translate: While this is not exactly a blogging tool, it helps you find translations in a jiffy, thus making it easy to blog in any language of your choice.
- Tumblr: If you’ve used Tumblr on the web, you know what it’s all about. The iPhone app does pretty much the same thing, except that you can’t see the dashboard which lets you see what your fellow bloggers are up to.
- Evernote: Purists wouldn’t call this a blogging app, but Evernote does allow you to jot down notes on your iPhone and sync them with your PC later on. It’s mostly an app that college students would find useful when they’re taking notes in class, considering that most of them text faster than they type or write, and that’s it’s completely free.
- Squarespace: You need to pay to use this app, but regular Squarespace users know that it’s the best way to do it all on the web – write your blog, build your website, or just host your portfolio.
- Pixelpipe: If your social media profile doubles as your blog page, then this is the app for you – use Pixelpipe to upload all your photos and videos to your social networks, direct form your iPhone.
- BlogPress Lite: Google’s own blogging tool is now on the iPhone, and it’s free to use. So if you have a Blogger account, get online and start sharing, right from your Apple environment.
- Kyte Mobile Producer: Another great app for sharing via social media, Kyte Mobile Producer allows you to send photos and videos to multiple online and mobile locations. You can send pictures to your social media pages, your website or to your friends’ mobile phones.
- Jott: Hands tied up and you can’t type? You don’t have to worry with Jott on your iPhone – just speak what you need to say and it’s translated into text. You can send emails, post to your blog, and do much more with Jott.
This guest post is contributed by April Davis, she writes on the topic of Accredited Degree Online. She welcomes your questions and comments at her email id: april.davis83(@)gmail(.)com.